Find my Products on Redbubble!

Thursday 2 March 2017

Hello March!

Wow that last post was a bit of a rambling mess. To be fair I really was in the middle of being completely overwhelmed and feeling out of my depth but *deep breath* I am back to normal.

This month is going to be a crazy one, I have an official announcement to make later this week on here although if you follow me on Instagram you may already know what it is ;)

Firstly before I forget, I'm planning on removing all jewellery products from my Etsy Shop this currently includes 2 brooches and 3 necklaces. Go HERE to view them. If you're interested in anything they're only going to be around for a limited time now until their listings run out and I will not be renewing them.
I'm mainly doing this for two reasons. One is that they don't get that much attention, I've sold a few which is awesome but compared to my other products they get barely any views at all and are taking up space another product could have. And two is that they take a lot of work, we're talking hours/days of careful work and attention to create each one and right now with everything else I have going on I don't have the time to take on more of these orders as they're made to order.


I have a few new products coming up soon including some more ratty bits ad bobs and if all goes well today I will also have the Sun and Moon bears ready, they're basically 98% done, I just need to clean the images up slightly and we're good to go!

The bird colouring book has also slowed down slightly as I'm having trouble with one of the designs. The little goldcrest is proving to be a bit awkward and I can't seem to draw him or his background at all so I'm coming to the conclusion that I should just change the bird, so unfortunately the poor goldcrest has been cut from the team but I'm sure his replacement will be just as awesome!

Also, almost a year after I first planned on doing this I finally got around to making a lino print! I've wanted a stamp of my logo for a while now and don't really have the money to splash on getting one custom made so I thought I'd have a go at making my own as I had a lino cutting kit lying around. I've been too scared to really give in a go though feeling that it would come out awful or worse, knowing how damn clutsy I am I believed I would end up with bloodied sliced up hands from the blade!
But last night I just went ahead and did it and boy I'm so glad I did as it turned out fantastic!


This was just a small test out to see if I could actually do this and as this went so damn well I've decided to have a go at a larger version featuring my full logo, words and all. I'm also considering maybe having a go at some other designs potentially as I actually found this quite fun!

So lots going on!
I do however have my typical thing, why is it that when you have a lot of work to do you get something that tries to get in the way! Every time my planner gets filled up I either get sick or I get an art block. This time I have an art block so I am grateful for that however this art block is not helpful when I'm trying to get a million and one things done including lots of new designs and lots of words to write!

I'm hoping it will fade away now that I'm working on these stamps and previous designs that don't need to much new thoughts, apparently my muse is on strike... she is a little minx! Always running off when there's work to get done!

Well as I said before there is going to be a shop update in the next week or so and there's going to be an announcement later on this week which will then be followed by weekly posts involving that announcement so stay tuned for that! This may end up being a diary of how I go insane so it could be interesting reading! :P

And before I go, this month has an instagram challenge created by Joanne Hawker called #marchmeetthemaker which is an awesome way of getting to know more about the small creative businesses out there! and this year I've joined in! It's only day two but I've already made some new connections and found some amazing creatives out there which is awesome. I'm really loving every bit of this and going through everyone else's posts. So if you're interested about knowing a little bit more about myself and Silly Badger Designs go to my instagram account (link is to the right!) or find me through the app by searching for sillybadger_illustration and you can catch up on my daily posts which will include some fun behind the scenes stuff!

Phew! Well I think that's it for today! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment