Find my Products on Redbubble!

Thursday 20 April 2017

Garden Birds Colouring Book

Well it's taken a while and has been a full adventure filled with fun, excitement, frustration and finally ended with the biggest buzz I've ever had.
I've made quite a few books over the past few years, I love doing it even though it's usually a lot of work but this colouring book has taken the gold place for being the most difficult and testing.

But here it is!


Every part of this book has been made by myelf, I drew the line art, did the writing, designed the layout everything down to the tiniest detail and then I print them out myself and bind them myself and phew it's been a fun filled couple of months work! But here we are and it's looking blooming brilliant even if I do say so myself! :P


I have a few little touch ups to make and I'm considering changing the binding from staples to maybe thread binding to make it less stiff but we're pretty much done and I'm hoping to have them up on my Etsy shop at the beginning of May.

I'm also going to be at the Kingdom's Family Craft Fair in Warminster on Sunday May 28th (I will be healthy this time!) and will be bringing a few of the books with me there!

In other news there is also the chance that I may be a stall holder at a Summer Fair run by The Willow Tree shop in Cheltenham this July. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be applying as I need to work out costs as unfortunately it's a bit of a trek for me to get there but we shall see!

I'm also getting a desk! Yes a real desk! My awesome dad agreed to making me a custom built desk so I finally have a place to work and stash all of my paperwork and artwork! And pack orders and make books and package products and oh yes I am that excited! It's also starting to look awesome after I covered the top with some fun paper and painted the rest with grey paint filled with glitter... I may have a thing for glitter!

It's also my last day as a 27 year old today! I'm kinda loving that I finished off this year with an awesome bird project and I'm looking forward to what the next year might bring!
It's seeming like it's going to be a fun filled explosive year of creations, craft fairs and at the beginning of May I'm going to be doing a massive overhaul of both my site and my Etsy shop as well as Redbubble if I can find the motivation... I'm not such a big fan of the computer based parts of my job... I still use a book to keep track of my in and out goings!
So if all goes to plan there's going to be a lot of changes happening, prices are also going to have a bit of a change (in a good way, I'll be lowering a few!) and there will be a few new designs and products popping up very soon!

So I'm now going to go and enjoy my birthday and not do any work this weekend! I'm not even going to think about it, I plan to just chill out and have fun!
I hope you all have a great weekend!

As always thanks for reading and for supporting my little Silly Badger Designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment